Traffic management plan to be activated in Belfast to assist the vaccination programme
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has said a Traffic Management Plan is to be activated in Belfast to assist the vaccination programme at the SSE Arena.
This plan includes the suspension of car-park charging in Eastside and Northside car parks in Belfast.
Translink will be running a free shuttle-bus service from those car-parks and others across the city to ensure people travelling for a vaccination are able to do so in a safe and accessible way.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased to be playing my part in assisting the smooth running of the vaccination programme. The SSE Arena will be one of the busiest vaccination centres with the capacity to vaccinate up to 40,000 people per week. This part of the city will see increased level of traffic in an area where there is limited parking.
“My officials along with Translink, the PSNI and the South Eastern Trust are implementing a traffic management plan to ensure the free flow of traffic to facilitate an effective and efficient distribution of the vaccine to those who have booked appointments.
“This plan includes free car parking at a number of sites across the city and a shuttle bus service to the SSE.
“I would ask those travelling to the SSE for vaccines to use the free bus service to get to the centre. I would also remind people travelling on public transport that face coverings must be worn by all passengers and social distancing practices observed.”
• There are a number of Public Transport options to the SSE Arena COVID-19 vaccination centre:
- Europa Buscentre free shuttles – every 15 minutes from 07.45 - 20.15
- Northside P&R to SSE Arena – free shuttles every 10 minutes from 07.40 – 20.20
- G2 Glider services to operate every 15-minutes from the city centre.
- Train to Titanic Quarter station, a short walk from the SSE Arena.
- Car parks within the City Centre can be used for park and walk or to use the free shuttle service from Europa Buscentre.
• More details from Translink:
• Trafficwatch NI will also keep you up to date with traffic news: