NHS Spitfire to take to skies over NI with names of those who donated to support charity
The Aircraft Restoration Company will be taking to the skies across the UK with their restored iconic Spitfire in a bid to raise funds for the worthy cause of NHS Charities Together.
As part of the NHS Spitfire project, everyone who donates to support our NHS, will have their name, or the name of a loved one, painted on the aircraft!
Locally here in Northern Ireland, the roaring engines of the Spitfire will be heard on Friday 18 September. Here is the flight information if you’d like to catch sight of the aircraft this week:
• 10am - Take off from City of Derry Airport
• 10.15am Craigavon Area Hospital, Portadown
• 10.19am Armagh Community Hospital
• 10.25am Daisy Hill Hospital, Newry
• 10.34am Downshire Hospital, Downpatrick
• 10.40am Lagan Valley Hospital, Lisburn
• 10.42am Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
• 10.48am Antrim Area Hospital
• 10.53am Royal Belfast Hospiral for Sick Children/Royal Victoria Hospital
• 10.54am Belfast City Hospital
• 11am Ulster Hospital, Dundonald
• 11.03am Ards Community Hospital, Newtownards
• 11.10am Landing in Newtownards Airfield
To have your name hand written onto this Spitfire simply visit the projects JustGiving page via the link in the top line of this post. All money raised is being donated to NHS Charities Together to support the incredible people within our National Health Service.