MEA Council announce upcoming opening of some sporting facilities
Mid and East Antrim Borough Council have announced the opening of some of the borough’s outdoor sporting facilities, following the recent change to public health regulations by the Northern Ireland Executive.
• Bentra Golf Course will reopen on 1 April, with access to the course available by online booking only.
Booking for tee-times can be made 21 days in advance for members, and 14 days for non-members.
• Carnfunnock Golf Course will also reopen on 1 April, and payment should be made at the visitor’s centre prior to play.
• Tennis Courts at The People’s Park in Ballymena, meanwhile, will open again on 1 April. No booking necessary.
• In respect of outdoor sports from 1 April, participation is restricted to a maximum of 10 people from two households.
• From Monday, 12 April, MEA’s 3G pitches will reopen for training only, and for up to a maximum of 15 people.
Details on how to make a booking at any of these outdoor sporting facilities can be found at:
Get up-to-date advice on the NI Executive Covid-19 Restrictions at: