Managed isolation packages for passengers go live
Managed isolation arrangements have been activated ahead of the return of international flights to local airports.
Any passenger who has been in, or transited through a ‘red list’ country in the previous 10 days must book and pay for a managed isolation package before making any other travel arrangements.
The package will include collection at the airport and transfer to the designated hotel and provision of PCR test kits.
Guests will be given a welcome pack on arrival, which will include information and signposting to essential services to assist them in their stay. Meals and refreshments will be provided by the hotel.
The required managed isolation period will be 10 days and all bookings must be made through the online portal:
Passengers who have not arrived from red list countries will use the same booking portal to pre-book their tests for their self-isolation at their own homes.
All those who have been outside of the Common Travel Area at any time in the previous 10 days before arriving here must:
Provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to three days before departure;
Provide journey and contact details by completing a passenger locator form. This must be done 48 hours prior to arrival into NI or first point of entry into UK;
Isolate for 10 full days from the point of arrival;
Book a day 2 and 8 test package before arrival.
These measures are to stop the spread of potentially harmful variants into Northern Ireland. Anyone not complying with the regulations may be refused boarding by the airline or carrier and/ or fined on arrival.
Detailed, up-to-date information on all international travel arrangements can be found on nidirect:
Belfast City and Belfast International airports will be designated as places where air passengers arrive here if they have been in a red list country in the previous 10 days.
The first international flight into Northern Ireland will not be before April 19 2021.
Failure to complete the UK passenger locator form, even when travelling via ROI, incurs a fixed penalty notice of £500 with laddering for subsequent offences up to a maximum of £4,000.
• Failure to self-isolate - £1,000;
• Not having a negative pre departure test £500 to £4,000;
• Not booking managed isolation package before arrival £5,000 to £10,000;
• Entering NI having been in a red flag country without entering through a designated port or going directly to the accommodation over land border - £10,000;
• Arriving without a testing package £1,000 to £2,000;
• Providing false or deliberately misleading information when filling out your passenger locator form is also an offence. You could be fined up to £10,000, imprisoned for up to 10 years or both if you do not provide accurate details about the countries you have visited in the 10 days before you arrived in the UK.
Guidance on travel within the Common Travel Area is available at: Coronavirus (COVID-19): travel within Common Travel Area
The following rules for entering or returning to Northern Ireland (NI) are in place:The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 www.legislation.gov.uk
Further information on ‘red list’ countries is available at: