Local resident appeals for community’s help after second attack on Cullybackey home
A local resident has spoken to Love Ballymena after her Cullybackey home was attacked overnight for the second time, when a brick was thrown through a window in the early hours of Sunday morning (30 May).
Agnes Wojcik has lived in her home at Kilmakevit Square in the village for over five years and cannot understand why her home is being targeted, explaining that she has never had any altercations with her neighbours.
“This morning between 1am and 1.45am an unknown offender broke my living room window. This is the second attack on my home and my safety. I have lived in Cullybackey for five years and have never had any altercations with the residents of Kilmakevit Square.
“The offender was wearing a dark jacket, black baseball cap and white shoes. He fled from Kilmakevit Square towards the Spar.
“I am hoping someone may have witnessed this incident or might who may know who it is.”
Agnes has shared her story, saying she hopes it “may help to apprehend the perpetrator of my nightmare.”
Bannside Councillor, TUV Alderman Stewart McDonald has condemned the latest incident and said there was “no justification” for the attack.
“My thoughts are immediately with the family who have been subjected to this horrendous criminal behaviour and urge anyone with information to contact the local PSNI.”
Police have appealed for information following the incident.
Inspector Adams said: “Police received a report at approximately 1.45am that a brick had been thrown through the window of a house. Officers attended, and enquiries into the incident are continuing.
“I am appealing to anyone with information, or who noticed any suspicious activity in the area, to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 339 of 30/05/21.”
Information can also be provided anonymously to Crimestoppers by:
T: 0800 555 111