Hero neighbour rescues woman from County Antrim house blaze
A hero neighbour has been praised after rescuing a woman from a first-floor window during a house fire in Victoria Street, Portrush, this morning (Friday 9 January).
Firefighters were called to the blaze shortly after 11am.
The other occupant had been out walking her dog to return to find four fire appliances tackling the fire.
Alderman Norman Hillis said that he was very grateful to the fire service personnel who attended very quickly and the PSNI who were in attendance: “I am relieved that there appears to be no serious injuries but it is devastating that a family has lost their home in a very few minutes”.
The incident is ongoing.