Gracehill Scarecrow Festival set to return bigger and better than ever!
Updated: Sep 8, 2022
Gracehill Moravian Church and the Gracehill Village Environmental Committee are delighted to announce that the Scarecrow Festival is returning to Gracehill for its third year.
Plans are currently in place to run the scarecrow festival alongside the Heritage weekend on the 10 and 11 September 2022.
The ultimate aim of the Scarecrow Festival is to involve the entire village and the wider community in a event that is great fun for all, whilst at the same time raising needed funds to help maintain and preserve our historic Church and surrounding grounds of the village for all the community.
The festival was last held in 2019 was a tremendous success with over 60 groups of scarecrows on display.
If you would like to participate in the festival by entering a scarecrow/s please collect a registration form from the entrance hall within the Old School House in Gracehill or download a copy at:
Complete the registration form and return it to the Moravian Manse at 25 Church Road, Gracehill, Ballymena, or simply email a copy to email@example.com
The scarecrows can be based on any character or theme of your own choice.
Even you don't register an entry, please visit the Festival between 11am and 6pm on both days and take a leisurely walk around the village using the Scarecrow trail and record your vote for your favorite scarecrows on
display while trying to work out the special anagram!
Trail guide sheets will be available at the village square with a suggested donation price of £2.00
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Saturday 10th September | 11am-6pm
• Car parking is available in the grounds of Gracehill Primary School, Church Road
• Please be respectful of village residents and do not park over driveways
• Trail sheets £2, available in the village square
• Scarecrows are on view in the square AND around the village in private gardens
• Keep your eyes peeled for our living scarecrows!
• 'Jim's Ices' ice cream van will be there all day
In Cennick Hall there are:
• Toilet facilities
• Baby changing
• Tea/coffee & refreshments (£2 per adult, £1 per child, under 5s free)
• The first Scarecrow Market showcasing some of our finest local talent
Sunday 11th September
All scarecrows will be on show, although Cennick Hall will not open to the public.