Constable Crow on duty this weekend at Gracehill Scarecrow Festival & Market
Police in Ballymena have introduced their latest recruit to the local Neighbourhood Policing Team.
Constable Crow will be heading out on foot patrol to the Gracehill Scarecrow Festival & Market this weekend and will be happy to remain at post and stand still for photographs with all who visit the much-enjoyed annual community event on Saturday (24 September).
A local police spokesperson commented:
"We look forward to attending and meeting everyone. Hopefully Constable Crow's presence will scare away some criminals as well as the Crows."
Organised by Gracehill Moravian Church and the Gracehill Village Environmental Committee, the Scarecrow Festival aims to involve the entire village and the wider community in a event that is great fun for all, whilst at the same time raising needed funds to help maintain and preserve the historic church and surrounding grounds of the beautiful village for everyone.
The festival, last held in 2019, was a tremendous success with over 60 groups of scarecrows on display!
Plan to go along and enjoy the spectacle of the very best scarecrow creations while taking a walk around beautiful Gracehill.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW...
The Gracehill Scarecrow Festival & Market will take place this Saturday, 24 September, 11am - 6pm.
LOCATION | What3Words: ///zone.strong.innovate
• Please note, this is not a ticketed event.
• Car parking is available in the grounds of Gracehill Primary School, Church Road.
• Please be respectful of village residents and do not park over driveways.
• Trail sheets are £2, and are available in the village square (cash only).
• Scarecrows are on view in the square AND around the village in private gardens.
• Keep your eyes peeled for our living scarecrows!
• Jim's Ices ice cream van will be there all day.
Visit Cennick Hall (£2 per adult - £1 per child - Under 5s free) where you will find:
• The Scarecrow Market (SATURDAY ONLY), showcasing some of our finest local talent (some sellers are cash only).
• A massive giveaway, which you don't want to miss!
• Toilet facilities
• Baby changing
• Tea/coffee & refreshments
On Sunday 25 September, all scarecrows will remain on show for anyone who would like to enjoy a walk around the village, but Cennick Hall will be closed.
The organising committee are looking forward to seeing everyone, from near and far, at the Gracehill Scarecrow Festival & Market 2022.