Ballyclare May Fair makes welcome return after 3 year absence
After a three year absence we are delighted that the Ballyclare May Fair is back! This year’s festival will be a mixture of local music and entertainment combined with traditional craft demonstrations and workshops.
Back by popular demand, the exciting Soapbox Derby race returns and of course, the colourful May Fair Parade on Saturday 28 May will host many participants and local groups, live music delighting fans of all ages.
A week full of family fun activities, amusements, street performers, local movies, tea dance, shows and much more.
• Harrier Way Car Park
Will be closed from Saturday 21 May at 10pm to Sunday 29 May at 00:00
• Sixmile Leisure Centre Car Park
Will have limited car parking available from Saturday 21 May at 10pm until Sunday 29 May at 00:00
• The Square Car Park
Will be closed from Tuesday 24 May at 6am until 00:00, and again on Saturday 28 May from 6am until 00:00
• Ballyclare Town Hall
Will be closed from Tuesday 24 May at 6am until 00:00, Friday 27 May 6am until 00:00 and again on Sunday 29 May 6am until 00:00.
• Tuesday 24 May
Main Street will be closed from 11:00 to 17:00 from Avondale Drive to the Square.
• Thursday 26 May
The Ballyeaston Road will be closed from 17:30 to 20:30 to facilitate the Soapbox Derby Race. Cars should not park on the road during the day to allow for set up. Signage will be in place.
• The Square Car Park will also be closed on Tuesday 24 May and Saturday 28 May and will be partially open throughout the May Fair on other days.
• Limited free parking spaces will be available at Six Mile Leisure Centre from Saturday 21 May through until Sunday 29 May at Six Mile to facilitate the May Fair amusements.
WHY NOT TAKE PART!
• The Mayors Parade
We are encouraging all local community groups, church groups, sports teams, special interest groups and schools to participate by coming along with your home-made banners, in uniform or dress for your team / sport / organisation etc.
All vehicles should meet at Dennisons and Pedestrians should meet at Sixmile Leisure Centre at 12.30 on Saturday 28 May.
All entries must be in by 5pm on Friday 13 May 2022.
This years sponsors:
• WJ Blair Accident Repairs, Ross's Joint & Modern Tyres - Soap Box Derby
• Hunter Campbell - Jubilee Street Party
• Reid Black Solicitors - It's a Knockout
• Dennisons - The Mayors Parade
Keep up to date by visiting: