Portglenone’s much-loved sunflower field has now reopened for 2022, and with a solid week of warmth and sunshine, the field is looking better than ever.
Massively popular with people from near and far the field full of bright blooms offers the perfect opportunity for all sunflower lovers and selfie snappers.
Local couple Damian and Karen McAllister, own the field and host the charity fundraising spectacle every year.
In 2021, almost £12,000 was raised for Bowel Cancer UK, a cause close to Karen’s heart after she sadly lost her beloved “Mammy” to the disease earlier in the year.
This year Damian and Karen said all funds raised will be donated to the Macmillan Unit in Antrim Area Hospital.
Pop in and enjoy the beautiful display while supporting a tremendous cause.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW…
• The Sunflower Field is located at on the Gortgole Road in Portglenone, about 3 miles from the town on the left hand side. You can also Google ‘Sunflower Field Portglenone’ and click on maps.
• Parking is in a field beside the sunflower field. Please use this and do not park along the roadside.
• The Portglenone Sunflower Field is open everyday from 10am - 8pm.
• No booking required. Entry fees - ages 16 and over £3.00; ages 1 to 15 £1.50.
• Please pay by cash and if possible have the correct amount.
• Dogs are welcome as long as they are on a lead. Please bring poop bags, and please dispose of these in the bins provided.
• Please use the paths provided throughout the fields at all times.
• There are no facilities at the field but there are toilets and a few eating establishments in Portglenone.
• There will be freshly cut sunflowers - they will be £1.50 a stem or 4 for £5.00.