• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
Button
  • Love Ballymena

Students sent home as NIFRS deal with fire at NRC Ballymena


Classes were cancelled and students sent home on Friday morning (17 September) as Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service were tasked to deal a small fire at Northern Regional College’s Trostan Avenue campus in Ballymena.


It is understood understood a small electrical transformer had caught fire.


According to NIFRS a call was received at 10.38am and 2 Fire Appliances were dispatched from Ballymena Fire Station.


A spokesperson said: “Firefighters were called to reports of a small fire. They wore breathing apparatus and used 2 Carbon Dioxide extinguishers to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental ignition and the incident was dealt with by 11.59am.”