Strictly stuns fans with first-ever three-host line-up for 2026
- Love Ballymena
- 34 minutes ago
- 4 min read

Set to host Strictly Come Dancing 2026: Presenter Emma Willis, professional dancer Johannes Radebe and comedian Josh Widdicombe. (Image: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
The BBC has unveiled a dramatic new era for Strictly Come Dancing, confirming the show will be fronted by three presenters for the first time in its history following the departure of long-serving hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
Presenter Emma Willis, professional dancer Johannes Radebe and comedian Josh Widdicombe will take over the glittering BBC ballroom this autumn in one of the biggest shake-ups the entertainment giant has made in years.
The announcement follows months of intense speculation surrounding who would land one of British television’s most high-profile presenting jobs, with BBC executives describing the new trio’s chemistry as “undeniable”.
For millions of viewers across the UK — including huge audiences in Northern Ireland where the programme remains a staple of Saturday night television — the change marks a major turning point for one of the BBC’s most valuable entertainment brands.
BBC confirms ‘new era’ for Strictly

The broadcaster said the new line-up will “preside over the Strictly ballroom in spectacular style” as the hit entertainment show returns to BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.
It is the first time the programme has opted for a three-person presenting team, a move the BBC says is designed to bring a “fresh, dynamic” feel to the long-running competition.
Kate Phillips, the BBC’s Chief Content Officer, admitted there had been enormous public interest surrounding the decision.
She said:
“Emma, Johannes and Josh’s chemistry is undeniable. There’s been so much speculation and hype, so I’m relieved we can share the news with the public at last.
“But the most beloved ballroom in the UK always leads the way, and in a Strictly first we have chosen three outstanding hosts to take up the mantel.”
Phillips added that the wider Strictly production team is already planning “fabulous and unforgettable treats” for the new series.
Emma Willis steps into one of TV’s biggest roles

Set to host Strictly Come Dancing 2026: Professional dancer Johannes Radebe, presenter Emma Willis, and comedian Josh Widdicombe. (Image: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
Emma Willis arrives with extensive live television experience after fronting major BBC and ITV programmes including Big Brother, The Voice UK and Delivering Babies.
The presenter acknowledged the scale of replacing Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, who had become synonymous with the programme for many viewers.
“It’s impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind,” she said.
“Two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long. I can only hope that we are able to help steer the ship as beautifully as they have into this new chapter.”
Willis added that she had spent years watching the programme from home and said joining the ballroom was “something I can’t quite comprehend”.
Johannes Radebe takes on major new role

Set to host Strictly Come Dancing 2026: Professional dancer Johannes Radebe, comedian Josh Widdicombe, and presenter Emma Willis. (Image: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
Johannes Radebe’s promotion is likely to be one of the most talked-about elements of the announcement.
The South African dancer has become one of Strictly’s most popular professional performers during his eight years on the show and now moves into a flagship presenting position while remaining a central figure in the programme’s future.
Radebe said the opportunity was “beyond anything I ever imagined”.
“This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness, and I feel deeply honoured to now help carry that magic forward,” he said.
His appointment is also expected to prove hugely popular among younger viewers and long-time Strictly fans who have embraced his personality, humour and emotional performances over recent years.
Josh Widdicombe brings comedy edge to ballroom
Comedian Josh Widdicombe completes the trio, bringing a sharply different energy to the presenting team.
The comic previously appeared in the show’s 2024 Christmas Special, where he performed the Charleston dressed as a penguin — a performance he jokingly described as his “career high point”.
“I am giddy with excitement, honoured and a little overawed to be given the chance to step into the biggest shoes in television,” he said.
The BBC appears to be leaning heavily into a more relaxed, humorous atmosphere around the live shows, with executives praising Widdicombe’s “self-deprecating humour and razor-sharp wit”.
Strictly remains one of BBC’s biggest ratings giants

Strictly Blackpool Week 2025 (Image: BBC/Guy Levy)
Despite fierce competition in the entertainment market and changing viewing habits, Strictly continues to dominate UK television ratings.
BBC figures show the latest series averaged 7.8 million viewers across 28-day BARB ratings, while 8.6 million tuned in for the Grand Final which saw Karen Carney and professional partner Carlos Gu lift the Glitterball Trophy.
The programme remains the BBC’s biggest entertainment title by viewer hours and continues to generate huge online engagement across social media platforms.
BBC Studios also confirmed that the annual trip to Blackpool Tower Ballroom will return alongside popular themed weeks including Movies, Halloween, Icons and Musicals.
The Instant Dance Challenge — introduced in 2025 — will also make a comeback after producers hailed its “high-energy debut”.
Professional dancers and judges returning

Professional dancers lineup for Strictly Clme Dancing 2026 (Image: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
A number of fan-favourite professional dancers will return for the new series including:
• Dianne Buswell
• Amy Dowden
• Katya Jones
• Neil Jones
• Nikita Kuzmin
• Jowita Przystał
• Johannes Radebe
• Aljaž Škorjanec
• Kai Widdrington
• Nancy Xu
• Carlos Gu
• Lauren Oakley
• Vito Coppola
The BBC has also confirmed additional new professional dancers will join the programme later this year.
Meanwhile, judges Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and head judge Shirley Ballas are all set to return.

Judges Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and head judge Shirley Ballas in 2025.
(Image: BBC/Guy Levy)
Exact launch dates and the celebrity line-up for the 2026 series are expected to be announced in the coming months as anticipation builds around one of television’s most high-profile relaunches in years.
