A man has died following a blaze at his home in Antrim on Wednesday morning, October 12, Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed.
Fire crews were called to reports of a fire on the ground floor of an apartment block in the Dunamoy Drive area of the town just before 10am on Wednesday morning.
Two Fire Appliances from Antrim Fire Station and one Fire Appliance from Ballymena Fire Station attended the incident. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
The man was rescued by Firefighters, but tragically he died at the scene.
Jennings, Assistant Chief Fire & Rescue Officer, Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) said:
"The thoughts and sympathies of Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service are with the family and friends of a man who died following an apartment fire in the Dunamoy Drive area of Antrim yesterday morning."
Firefighters left the scene at 11.20am and the cause of the fire is being treated as accidental.