top of page
  • Writer's pictureLove Ballymena

Fire crews attend suspected gas leak at retail park in Ballymena


Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) crews were tasked to the scene of a suspected gas leak at the Braidwater Retail Park at Larne Road Link in Ballymena, on Wednesday evening, 14 December.


Two Appliances were dispatched from the local Station after a report was received around 9pm.



Crews were joined by police service colleagues who closed roads to traffic around the retail unit while the scene was being investigated.


A NIFRS spokesperson commented:


"Firefighters were called to a smell of fumes. Firefighters discovered that the smell was from paint which was mistaken for gas.



"One person was given oxygen therapy by Firefighters. Firefighters carried out gas readings which were normal."


The incident was dealt with by 9.53pm.

تعليقات


bottom of page