This recipe is nicer than any shop-bought shortbread and it couldn’t be simpler! I posted it last year and loads of you have tried and loved it.
Jill Stewart (@jillbakes_)
County Antrim Foodie and Instagrammer
Makes about 40 biscuits
• 250g butter
• 110g caster sugar
• 140g self raising flour
• 110g plain flour
• 110g cornflour
• Preheat the oven to 170 degrees (150 fan).
• Cream the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until light in colour.
• Sieve in the flours and mix to combine.
• Flour your work surface and roll out until the biscuit dough is about 1cm thick.
• Cut out your biscuit shapes using a cutter of your choice and place onto a baking tray.
• Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for half an hour before baking.
• Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes - they should still be a very pale golden-brown. Set on a wire rack to cool.
These shortbread biscuits will keep in an airtight container for a couple of weeks!
MEET JILL STEWART…
Jill Stewart, from Portglenone, is a true Foodie who brings her passions together to create a unique balance of both healthy dishes and sweet treats on her Instagram social media blog, Jill Bakes.
Jill is passionate about creating and sharing recipes on her Instagram platform (@jillbakes_) which are easy to follow, quick to make and not using hundreds of ingredients! And with almost 50,000 followers, a lot of people are enjoying Jill’s food journey.
The County Antrim lady has been a keen baker from a very young age, learning many skills from her late Grandma who was a fantastic baker.
Jill is a regular recipe contributor for Ireland’s Homes Interiors and Living magazine.
CLICK HERE to head over to INSTAGRAM to discover JILL BAKES - it is a fantastic blog where you'll discover enough inspiration to keep you baking and cooking for months!